Wed, Jun 13|
Hyatt Regency Hotel
CCA Alberta Lunch of the Americas 2018
Time & Location
Jun 13, 2018, 10:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Hotel, 700 Centre St S, Calgary, AB T2G 5P6, Canada
About the Event
Brazilian Delegates – $95.00
Special discounted price for delegates coming with Brazilian delegation
CCA Alberta Member – $95.00
CCAC Argentina Delegation – $95.00
Special price for delegates that are part of the Argentinean Delegation organized by the Argentinean-Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
Combo Price – $175.00
Include access to CCA Lunch of the Americas plus One Year CCA Alberta Individual Membership
Future Members – $125.00
Regular price for general public.
CCA ALBERTA LUNCH OF THE AMERICAS 2018UNCONVENTIONAL HYDROCARBON ENERGY RESOURCES IN THE AMERICAS: NAVIGATING OPPORTUNITY AND RISK
Honourable Deron Bilous
Minister of Economic Development and Trade, Government of Alberta
Danny Massacese, COO, PanAmerican Energy
Alejandro Gagliano, Founder, GIGA Consulting
João Vicente de Carvalho Vieira,
Secretary Director Policy for Exploration and Production of Oil & Natural Gas, Ministry of Energy and Mines of Brazil
Laís Maciel, Director Business Development, Ministry of Economic Development, State of Bahia
Dr. Ernesto Rios
General Director, Mexican Petroleum Institute
The large reserves of unconventional hydrocarbon energy resources in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Argentina and Brazil are well known. Globally, unconventional hydrocarbon resources are priority exploitation targets. Given the technical and cost challenges of extraction, partnerships with experienced companies are critical. There is tremendous opportunity because of the unconventional hydrocarbon resources available. However, investing and doing business in international markets implies many unknowns that increase risk.
The Canadian Council for the Americas’ Alberta Lunch of the Americas, at the Global Petroleum Show, will offer attendees the opportunity to network with and learn from our guest speakers and our international guests, experts and private sector leaders from the region who will be in the room sharing their knowledge and insights, providing a high-level business perspective on market opportunities.
Some examples of the opportunities and challenges that will be discussed at this CCA Alberta’s signature event include:
- Argentina’s significant reserves in Vaca Muerta, and the Argentinian companies and governments commitment to develop unconventional hydrocarbon energy resources,
- The Brazilian government’s interest in creating a pilot project for unconventional hydrocarbon resource development,
- Mexico’s success in establishing fair and competitive bidding processes to attract international investment in its unconventional hydrocarbon sector,
- The economic impact of United States’ “Shale Revolution”; and,
- Canadian best practices and technologies applied in shale and tight resources.
CCA ALBERTA LUNCH OF THE AMERICAS
- Bennett Jones
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR ANNUAL CORPORATE SPONSORS & STRATEGIC PARTNERS
- SMPS Legal
- TMX | Toronto Stock Exchange | TSX Venture Exchange
- Alberta Government
- Calgary Economic Development
- dmg events