Thu, Oct 03|
Calgary Petroleum Club
An Oil & Gas Business Perspective on Brazil's Market
Time & Location
Oct 03, 2019, 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Calgary Petroleum Club, 319 5 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 0L5, Canada
About the Event
CCA Future Members – $55.00
Regular price for Future Members
CCA Members – $45.00
Discounted price for CCA Members
CCA Alberta invites to join us this Thursday October 3 for an intimate breakfast networking conversation about the oil and gas sector in Brazil with Mr. Marcio Felix, Former Executive Secretary with the Ministry of Mines and Energy of Brazil.
Some of the topics that Mr. Felix will present include:
- Conditions to attract long-term investment.
- Political and economic scenario – new government priorities.
- Government policy to create an open market – gas to grow initiative, push for lower prices and greater competition, plus penetration of gas and power generation.
- Favorable business environment developed for midstream investment in Brazil.
- New investment in offshore by IOCs in the pre-salt based upon Brazil's geological potential.
- Reform package, incentives, and growing stability and confidence.
- IOCs as potential counterparties.
- New gas regulation and effective opening of the market.
- Petrobras's divesting,
- Pre-salt gas as driver of midstream investment and participation of new players.
- Divestment of Petrobras gas transportation infrastructure ongoing.
- Opportunities for Canadian companies.
About our Guest Speaker
Marcio Felix, FORMER Executive-Secretary, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Brazil
Marcio Felix graduated in Electronic Engineering from the University of Brasilia, with a Master’s in petroleum engineering from the University Petrobras and has MBA in Business Management, from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. Marcio Felix has 35 years of experience in the oil industry, working in the former Flopetrol Schlumberger (1981/1982) and, since 1983, at Petrobras, where he held various management positions in the area of national and international exploration and production. He was Secretary of Development of the State of Espírito Santo and Secretary of Oil, Natural Gas and Biofuels of the Ministry of Mines and Energy of Brazil for 3 years in both cases. From April 2018 to August 2019, he was the Executive-Secretary of the Ministry of Mines and Energy (Deputy Minister). Márcio has recently left the Ministry to pursue his own business interests. He remains as a Board member of the PPSA (the Brazilian pre-salt development company).